top attraction in Lebanon

Discussion in 'Lebanon' started by leadko1, Jul 9, 2009.

1. leadko1

leadko1 New Member

can you guys share some of the top attractions in Lebanon?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

Here are some of Lebanon top attractions:

In Baal beck you have the ancient ruins of the Roman Temples of Baal beck.

In Beirut you have the Al-Omari Mosque, Temples of Baalbek, the Churches of Harissa, the National Museum of Beirut.

In Tripoli you have the Citadel Saint Gilles, the Khan Al-Khayyatin, the Qasr Naous, the Souk Al-Harajb, the Taynal Mosque.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

From history to art to culture to the outdoors, Lebanon has no shortage of things to do and see. Lebanon attractions are plentiful including the Maronite Cathedral of Saint George, Beirut, Amir Munzir Mosque, Gibran Khalil Gibran Garden, Anjar, Sursock Museum, the National Museum of Beirut and Byblos. Few months back I had one week Lebanon tour with 2 of my friends and visited many Lebanon attractions. Most of the time we spent at Beirut, which is a capital city of Lebanon and stayed here for 4 nights. The downtown Beirut is home for several night clubs, restaurants and other entertaining things. From here we went a day trip to Baalbeck which is a Roman pilgrimage destination. It's situated at the top of Bekaa valley and stretch east towards Syria - this is an amazing place not to be missed during your Lebanon tour. Lebanon County is also a great place for antiquing, birdwatching and skiing. We travelled during the mid June and the weather was really pleasant. May-June or November-December are the perfect time for Lebanon tour, but if you like to go during Ski season, then Feb. is the best time, so plan your trip accordingly.

Byblos is also the most popular city with wonderful Lebanon attractions. It's located about 37 km north of Beirut and we have spent one full day here. The Byblos wax museum, Crusader castle, Roman amphitheater and the Phoenician royal necropolis are some of the top attractions in Byblos.In addition to visit the wonderful Lebanon attractions, don't miss to have the Lebanese bologna, it's a delicious spicy sausage and we really liked it. I think you too. Have a nice Lebanon tour :)