Top cities for New Year's Eve fireworks displays

Discussion in 'New York' started by Vicolette, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Ok, so we all know for one of the best annual events, New York City has a fantastic New Year's Eve show in Times Square with a mega line up of entertainment and the infamous countdown. With fireworks going off around the world, where are your top choices for the "best" in lighting up the skies?

2. dawsoncreek

dawsoncreek New Member

best NYE fireworks display

To be honest, every major city likes to boast about their own fireworks displays but it's getting kind of boring nowadays because every year they do the same old same old display...It has been a while since I can remember seeing a firework display that make go WOW.

If I had to choose the top city for NYE fireworks it would be the NYE fireworks in London...you gotta love how they turn the London Eye into a huge Catherine Wheel.

3. AhmedDoz

AhmedDoz New Member

Top NYE Spots Besides New York City

It's kinda true about major cities coming up with similar firework displays,but New York City has to be one of the best places to catch a New Year's Eve fireworks display. I hear Rome and Paris are quite cool, and of course, the London Eye is quite iconic. Don't think is worth it traveling all the way to NYC if you leave in, say, Europe, but of course, many people do.

4. texafest

texafest New Member

best fireworks viewing spot

I too agree NYC and London are two of the most popular spots to ring in the new years, though I personally recommend Hong Kong. The new years fireworks display happens from the roof tops of Two IFC Tower on Hong Kong Island and other buildings on HK Island side of the harbour. You can see the fireworks from everywhere, though most people tend to go to West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade and the Hung Hom flyover because of the panoramic views.

5. dadeekane

dadeekane New Member

I heard London is promising to do a spectacular New Year's Eve fireworks display this year, as well as Taipei 101 New Year's fireworks show, which is also promising to be different. Either way, I'll be sure to catch the New Year's Eve fireworks at Longyear Park.

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I've spent a few New Year's eves in Chicago and have really enjoyed it. It's really cool to watch the fireworks popping over Lake Michigan and Navy Pier.

7. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

If I'm home, I'm flipping the TV between NYC and Boston to catch the fireworks. If I could choose one place to be for the evening, it would be on a harbour cruise in Sydney. I've never been to Australia but it's one of those places I'd like to visit and from what I've read and seen, the city puts on a fantastic fireworks display.