Top dishes to try while my Greece trip

Discussion in 'Greece' started by Evan61, May 22, 2017.

1. Evan61

Evan61 New Member

hi, thinking of spending 4 or 5 days in Crete in mid Sep and need advice on Crete hotels. Also I would be interested in tasting different food whenever I go, so any suggestions on top dishes to try while I'm in Crete. Thanks for any sort of help...

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Crete is the largest island of Greece and offers many type of accommodation ranging from budget to elegance. There are plenty of Crete hotels to choose from including Solimar Dias Hotel, Eleonas, Sofia Hotel, Hotel Keramos and Hotel Angelos. All are located very near to Crete centre.

Greek food is always traditional and I love so much. Spicy Pork With Couscous, Baklava, Cretan Cheese Pies, Octopus with Avronies, Lamb with stamnagathi, Wild Fennel Pie and Sun-dried Tomato Fritters some of the delicious Greek food anyone not to miss while the Greece trip. Tamam Restaurant, Myrtios Restaurant Taverna, Akrogiali family Fish restaurant and Marilena Restaurant are some of the best restaurants to experience the best dining in Crete.

And don't miss the shopping opportunity in Crete, I bought wonderful leather belts, leather bags and plenty of crafts items. Hope this helps and have a nice Greece trip.