top things to do in Riviera Maya

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Kidtonto, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kidtonto

Kidtonto New Member

Planning a trip to Riviera Maya?

Here it's a few things to do to add to your itinerary: Visit Tulum ruins, enjoy a cenote tour diving excursion, eat authentic Mexican food in Tulum Pueblo, walking tour of Playa del Carmen downtown area, day trip to Sian Ka'an biosphere reserve and taking a fishing trip to Punta Allen.

Anything else to add to this list of things to do in Riviera Maya?

2. unkle77

unkle77 New Member

The Riviera Maya is such an stunning place! So beautiful and pleasant...it's impossible not to like it there. If you do Tulum you have to go there early to avoid the crowds. Also, there are glass bottom boats on Akumal Bay and you must take the short ferry-ride from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel.

3. Hitchcock

Hitchcock New Member

You could easily spend your entire vacation just on the beaches alone doing parasailing, scuba diving and snorkeling, I was definitely not disappointed when I was there last year! The trip to Chichen Itza was far but worth it, though I wished we visited on a day that wasn't too crowded.

4. kidsiie

kidsiie New Member

Make sure you take a guided tour of the Rio Secreto....it's the longest semi-sunken cave in the Yucatan Peninsula and it's thousands of years old. Also, take a visit to the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef (second largest barrier reef after the Great Barrier Reef) for the annual Whale Shark Festival in July and get a chance to swim with whale sharks.