Touring inside Yosemite

Discussion in 'California' started by Vicolette, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

When you just want to relax and let someone else do the driving, Yosemite offers two great options for sightseeing tours. With the bus tour, take a half or full day excursion or a sunset or full moon tours. Step back in time and rent a vintage Model A or Model T. If you're traveling with kids at Yosemite , the one-hour steam train is a real hoot!

2. op-ohno

op-ohno New Member

going to Yosemite

I second Yosemite's steam train! I suggest doing the Moonlight Special, which also includes a barbeque dinner before boarding and a campfire and sing-along with an excellent mountain band midway through the ride. A great experience!

3. DwayeBuck

DwayeBuck New Member

best time to visit Yosemite

joining a tour is one way, though it's great to get on a bike and explore Yosemite. Either way, if you want to visit Yosemite is probably best you avoid the summer months because of the huge crowds. I prefer visiting the park during the warm months to see the wildflowers blooming and do stargazing, which is at its most dazzling particularly during the spring.

4. Catamaran22

Catamaran22 New Member

best way to see yosemite in one day

if you only have 1 day in Yosemite, joining a tour is the best thing you can do. With a tour guide you will be able to see all the sights in Yosemite without any of the stress of driving, which is why i think the tour is well worth the time and money.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The Moonlight Special sounds perfect. I'm all about letting someone else do the driving so I can take in the scenery. I love trains and any time I can take a tour on one, that's where you'll find me.