tourist visiting Kansas...suggestions

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by Bebo, Apr 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Bebo

Bebo New Member

If you're a tourist visiting Kansas who doesn't fancy doing shopping you'll find there are lots to see or do for tourists such as visiting the Steamboart Arabia Museum, the National WW1 Museum, the Negro Leagues & Jazz Museums, the Nelson Atkins is a national class art museum, the Kauffman Center for Performing Arts, the Hallmark Cards Visitor's Center, Union Station, the Country Club Plaza and NASCAR Speedway.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

You're totally right. Kansas City has some really delightful museums! I do love the Hallmark visitors' center--and it's free to visit. The Nelson Atkins is free too, if you don't see the special exhibits. One of my favorite things to do in Kansas City is eating BBQ!

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Definitely plenty of things to see and do in KC. For those who'll be in the area June 21 and 22 and love some great tasting barbeque, the Great Lenexa BBQ Battle will be going on. Lots of activities, music, and bbq cooking competitions with contestants from all over the U.S. The food fest is being held at the Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park in Lenexa about a 20+ minute drive from KC. Bring your appetite.

4. walterscott

walterscott New Member

I second the Great Lenexa Barbeque Battle! I got to be there last year and i gotta say that seeing all those barbecuers competing was quite something. if you happen to be there this Kansas event year, I also suggest heading to the Farm at the Shatto Milk Company in Osborn. The dairy holds free tours every day to teach people how to milk a cow.