train vs bus: which you prefer?

Discussion in 'Poland' started by eternal9, Jan 21, 2014.

1. eternal9

eternal9 New Member

I don't know about you but I prefer using buses to get around Poland than trains. I have been to Poland 4 times now and only used the train to travel between Warsaw, Torun, Malbork, Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclaw and Krakow. I think the thing I dont like much about trains is that they're too expensive and the slow ones are very slow. what's your take on train travel in Poland? Have you got any tips?

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I haven't traveled in Poland myself, but in other places, trains tend to be more comfortable, and they tend to be more reliable. Trains usually don't get stuck in traffic, and you can get up and walk around. And trains often have WiFi.

3. EtroAnime

EtroAnime New Member

Yes but bus travel is still cheapest. Poland has a very good bus network that is also reliable. I agree though that for long distances I would use the train, though remember that trains are not really fast in Poland. The only fast train routes are those to and from the capital and internationally.

4. Yvonne80

Yvonne80 New Member

I know this is very old thread but maybe somebody else will find this info useful. Try PolskiBus; if you book it early enough you can even pay 1 zł one way and the return ticket is regular price :)