Travel between Mahe and Praslin islands

Discussion in 'Seychelles' started by Skytrooper, Jan 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Skytrooper

Skytrooper New Member

I am taking my partner on a suprise trip to the Seychelles in March. I have booked the flight which will arrive at Mahe international airport. I have also booked a hotel which is located on Praslin island. How can I best get from the airport in Mahe to my hotel on Praslin island?
    Grateful for any advice on this.

AJ

2. Boffinz

Boffinz New Member

you have two options: ferry and flying...if you don't have a strong stomach and money is no objection, I would suggest taking the flight to Praslin. It costs about $200 for return flight but the experience will be very enjoyable and only takes 10 minutes. The ferry is about $80 and takes about an 1 hour.

3. luky7

luky7 New Member

airport in Mahe to Praslin island

the best option to get from the airport in Mahe to your hotel on Praslin island is flying for several reasons. 1) the bird's eye views from the plane are amazing 2) you won't have to book an expensive organized plane tour 3) no seasickness. I also took the ferry from Praslin to la Digue and it was so rough going that 15 minutes seemed like an eternity. Now imagine enduring an hour of that for the Mahe to Praslin trip.