Travel tips for Las Vegas during the holidays

Discussion in 'Las Vegas shows' started by Vicolette, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Looking for some tips from veteran travelers who've spent Christmas or New Year's in Las Vegas. Never been during the winter much less the busy holidays so what should a couple look out for, see and do, pay attention to, or avoid?

2. ezzexgal

ezzexgal New Member

I have been in Vegas over the xmas/new years period and I had a blast...though it's ridiculously crowded (riot-like feel) and expensive. One thing I would say is to book everything early like 1-2 months in advance. Right now, most popular places like bars and restaurants will be booked and if not, you will sure pay an arm and a leg to get in.

3. frodo

frodo New Member

Celebrating New Years Eve in Las Vegas

Vegas is one of those places that fill up to the max during the holidays. You will have the time of your life but the crowds will be huge and hotels booked up. My advice is to find a hotel (if you can) as to close to the action as you can. Also, make sure you get to wherever place you have planned to ring in the new years and stay there. Once the crowds build it is very difficult to get around or find it almost impossible to leave the place. As far as locations for the fireworks, I would suggest Cosmopolitan, Flamingo and Palazzo....

4. maldovano

maldovano New Member

book a room with a strip view

New years eve in Vegas is great but scary if you've never been there before. Vegas gets twice as many people as NYC and if you arent used to massive crowds you may not like it. The strip will be jam-packed with people and you will feel like being in a middle of a controlled stampede (lol). My advice is to book in a hotel with a strip view room so you can watch the fireworks and avoid the nightmare on the strip.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Thanks for the helpful info. If the crowds are anything like those in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, I'll know what to expect and will plan accordingly!