Travel to Bali

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by Vicolette, May 14, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Bali is rich in culture, beaches and fantastic landscape. With its tropical climate, it's a magnet for tourists especially during the peak season of April through October. An interesting cultural event that takes place every 210 days is the Galungan Feast. The next event takes place October 23 through November 2, 2013. Tourists visiting during this time get to see and experience the flavor of the island. Definitely something to consider if your travel plans include Bali on your vacation itinerary.

2. newbieszz

newbieszz New Member

Bali is great but public transport is non existent...getting around is pretty much on foot or cabs.I recommend finding a good driver and booking him for your whole stay there...It won't cost you more than $60 a day and it's well worth it for venturing out.

3. Saw6

Saw6 New Member

I'd recommend that you simply hire a car with or w/o a driver and venture out. Private cars only cost about $45 per day. Don't book a driver in advance because there are literally hundreds of good and cheap drivers to choose from in Bali.

4. loadingBord

loadingBord New Member

Bali is nice but it's way overrated now. Back in the 90's and early 2000's Bali was the place to be in Asia but it's overrun with tourists who mostly trash the place. Last time when i was there in 20011, I was shocked at the uncleanliness of the beaches and the apparent litter problem on the Island.