traveling from Belarus to Lithuania fast

Discussion in 'Belarus' started by loadingBord, May 22, 2013.

1. loadingBord

loadingBord New Member

Not many people are aware but the easiest way to get from Minsk to Vilnius and back is on the Lithuanian railway fast train which only takes 3 hours. Here it's the departure times:

Departure from MInsk at 7:45. Arrival in Vilnius at 10:45.

Departure from MInsk at 18:49. Arrival in Vilnius at 21:49.

Departure from Vilnius at 7:05. Arrival in MInsk at 10:05.

Departure from Vilnius at 19:05. Arrival in MInsk at 22:05.

The cost as usual should be around 14-20 euro depending on where you but it and on the class of compartment. Also, you will need a visa to travel in Belarus

2. De34ht7

De34ht7 New Member

by bus is about 120,000 rubles ($38) for a one-way ticket, while the train is about $56. You can also go by car, which is nice but not worth it because it you will stand in a queue at the border for a minimum of 8 hours!!

3. loadingBord

loadingBord New Member

Buses all the way!!! they're cheap and have nice modern conveniences. Best of all, at the border there is a special line for the buses so you won't be delayed by the car queues. Buses from Vilnius to Minsk are fairly regular, every 2 hours or so.

4. leo360

leo360 New Member

I remember my trip to Vilnius from Romania like it was yesterday. I did it with a few friends by car through Poland and Belarus. It was a great trip but next time I wouldn't bother going the main road via Belarus because of all the delays and visa inconvenience. You need a regular visa, which you can't buy at the border.