traveling solo in Europe

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by hulayW2, Oct 14, 2010.

1. hulayW2

hulayW2 New Member

I'd be going sometime in mid to late January traveling solo through Europe..anyone ever done it? How much money do i need to budget for? I'll be mainly doing touristy things like taking pictures, having a few drinks, meeting lots of people on the way. I'm curious to hear from others who have done this and their experiences.

Any general advice at all would be awesome. Thanks!

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

If I was you, I'd try to visit the main culture zones in Europe, so start in Germany, Czech, through France and Italy. Of course, there are many other places you can visit along the way, but see where your spirit takes you!

Hostels are the way to go in Europe, though don't expect them to be a as cheap as hotels in Southeast Asia. Western Europe is definitely more expensive so expect to spend more in places like France and Germany.

Also, if you could purchase an open-end ticket, you could fly into Germany and out of Rome. But a loop back to Germany would still allow for a nice taste of Europe.

Winter is a good time to travel in Europe as it's low season so any-time in late winter, airfare will be way cheaper . Also, you might want to consider getting a Europe Rail pass, and a student pass (if you're a student) while traveling solo in Europe.