traveling to Ukraine

Discussion in 'Ukraine' started by nation690, Jun 14, 2010.

1. nation690

nation690 New Member

hello people,

i've never been to eastern Europe before but we're looking on embarking on our first adventure there..has anyone been to Ukraine recently and what is it like there in terms of customs, people, attractions and so on...thanks for your time:)

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

Ukraine has its own national language but during your vacation to Ukraine, you'll notice Russian influences, specially in Kiev which is known for its architectural beauty and a rich cultural life that can be appreciated either in Kiev or Odessa.

Ukrainians are friendly and welcoming people and you're sure to have a good time there, especially sampling the local cuisine which includes traditional dishes like boiled dumplings with mushrooms, potatoes, and sauerkraut.

3. Gulivers

Gulivers New Member

Ukraine is wonderful country. I know, because I lived there. :)
    People are always friendly, and if you will hear somewhere that they are unpolite and rude (and that rumour may have place!) you can just laugh a little.
    The country is very rich in beautiful nature and small quiet towns as well as large million-souls cities. For rural and natural experience choose western Ukraine, and if you are into monuments of industry, then Eastern Ukraine is for you. Every region has its unique customs, and you will never find two similar superstitions. :)
    Nevertheless be aware that a gap between the rich and the poor is very big, and be in no surprise. Just remember that every human is a personality.

4. elena777

elena777 New Member

beautiful places in Ukraine

Hello everybody!

If you like active tourism and nature, you'll absolutely love Carpathian. It's one of the most beautiful places in Ukraine with it's mountains and rivers, cascades and crystal-clear air... History and romanticism is revealed in the old ruins of the castles and fortresses, and along with this the wonderful mountain music invites you to dance.

5. mark147

mark147 New Member

Ukraine attractions

This is my first time to travel Ukraine. I have heard so many times about Ukraine but this is my first luck to go there and enjoy the beauty of Ukraine.
    Suggest some good places to visit in Ukraine

6. Liteon

Liteon New Member

sightseeing in Ukraine

if you are planning on doing some sightseeing overthere, Kiev will be a good starting point. Many of the most famous tourist attractions in Ukraine are located in Kiev, from the great gate to the amazing underground monastery at Pechersk Lavra.

There is also the so called 7 wonders of Ukraine worth seeing. They are the Sofiyivsky Park, Kiev Pechersk Lavra, Kamianets Podilskyi Historical Complex, Khortytsia, Chersonesos, Saint Sophia Cathedral and the Khotyn Fortress.

7. elena777

elena777 New Member

Except Kiev I'd recommend to visit Lviv and Odessa. Very interesting cities with their own "spirit of town" . also Crimea with it's beautiful mountains and Black sea one of interesting places in Ukraine.

8. andersen22

andersen22 New Member

Except Kiev I'd recommend to visit Lviv and Odessa. Nikolaev is well-known as City of Brides...

Have a nice trip to Nikolaev!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  9. miss 70s

miss 70s New Member

going to Ukraine

I suggest visiting Crimea and Odessa when in Ukraine as there is lots of beautiful scenery to be seen there and nice beaches too. I personally prefer the Crimean beaches ton those in Odessa but Odessa is a big city and a fairly nice one, although it is a little overrated by people who've never been to any other parts of Ukraine.

Anyone going to Ukraine for a beach vacation should go to Crimea, but if you'd really rather be in a big city, then choose Odessa. I do strongly advise trying to arrange accomodation ahead of time when traveling to Ukraine in the high season.

10. juanm

juanm New Member

Odessa is a nice vacation spot

I think of Russia when mentioning Ukraine because the country has many orthodox churches. I have been to Odessa several times in the summer for a beach vacation and it's always fun. Odessa actually has a similar "feel" to the French Rivera (or at least it does for me). Odessa i's not expensive at all, but I wouldn't say that it's extremely cheap either. If you know any Russian or Ukrainian you will be able to communicate and get yourself a cheaper deal.