Traveling to Wroclaw/Poland

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Wroclaw_Guide, Aug 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Wroclaw_Guide

Wroclaw_Guide New Member

Hello,

I am a guide in Wroclaw. If you need any about my place feel free to ask:)

Regards,

Michal

2. 1sttime

1sttime New Member

hi, what is there to do in Wroclaw? and which cities do you recommend visiting for first timers? I would like to travel there in January/ February. Is that a good time? thanks

3. kevinferguson

kevinferguson New Member

The market square (Rynek) in Wroclaw is stunning with period pretty colorful houses around it. If you are in Wroclaw, you must take your time, sit down, have a beer and just watch the people walk by.

4. Wroclaw_Guide

Wroclaw_Guide New Member

Hi,

Maybe it is a coldest time to come, but still it can be interesting. You should see:
    - marcet square (rynek in polish)
    - University
    - Cathedral Island
    - Jewish District
    - Centiniall Hall - the only one place in the city entered to Unesco list of World Heritage Sites.

Depending on your budget you can also do a day trips to:

- Auschwitz, Cracow or Salt Mine
    - Lower Silesia Province: old castles, palaces, WW2 sites like Project Riese or Gross Rosen Camp

You can also have fun on a shooting range or driving carts, go shoping, exploring restaurants or Spa. It is a good city to relax.

If you have a chance you should also go to Krakow - the most popular tourist destinatation.

I hope it helped you a bit;)

Regards,

Michal

5. Ecotripsos

Ecotripsos New Member

Hello, one question, what is the best way to get to Warsaw from Wroclaw? Are the trains fast or is it better to go by bus?