travelling around South Korea

Discussion in 'South Korea' started by heavychapm, Apr 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. heavychapm

heavychapm New Member

we'll be travelling around South Korea to places like Ulsan, Gyeongju, Incheon and finally Seoul - to visit potters, kiln, etc. Any ideas on what to expect there, and hints for South Korea would be most welcome. Thanks!

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

You are going to love it in South Korea, especially in Seoul which is a typical modern city. I've been and stayed in Seoul and rarely been to other parts like Ulsan and Incheon so, I couldn't advice on those parts.

I can tell you about Seoul though. Basically, what you can expect in Seoul is similar to places like NYC..loads of crowds and not very friendly people. Having said this, there are many people in Seoul who will approach you and show great interests in you to practice their English, which is cool though!

Public transportation is great and you can take the metro to almost any place in Seoul. Also, remember that Korean food is not like chinese food..and please, please remember to be sincere and polite, they'll love you for it!

3. silence kit

silence kit New Member

One place I wouldn't go is Ulsan. It has absolutely nothing to offer you can't find in a better city.

4. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

that's a bit harsh Silence Kit! Ulsan may not boast as many attractions as Seoul, bit it's a great place to experienced the outdoors, and en enjoy eco-tours.

You can visit Ulgi park in Ilsan‚Äźdong in Ulsan city, which has a nice green areas where you can take a nice walk and see the beach covered strange rocks and bizarre stones.