Travelling Light

Discussion in 'Flights' started by IndiaRoss, May 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. IndiaRoss

IndiaRoss New Member

Hi fellow travellers,

I am a young entrepreneur and often take short business trips. Does anyone know of a bag which will take everything I need for a short trip without the hassle of check-in? This problem is driving me crazy!

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

A lot of the bags will tell you if it's carry on size. Do you typically fly the same airline? I'd check for their dimensions and purchase a bag that will be sure to fit. I would think most luggage manufactures include a carry-on model in their line of luggage. Mine carry on bag has one of this zippers that lets you expand it, which I find helpful when I have a lot to pack. But it's great for avoiding those extra fees!

3. partyDown

partyDown New Member

getting through the TSA line

hey buddy, you can do your check-in online to save time, though unfortunely there isn't a magic way to get through the TSA "groping" line without hassle. Whether you travel light or not, flying has indeed become a long term hassle most people are getting used to. A few tips I can offer you...wear slip-on shoes, clear zip-shut sundries bags and TSA-friendly laptop cases to help speed you through security. Good luck!

4. hehem

hehem New Member

take a carry on bag on short trips

how short are your business trips? I dont see why it would drive you crazy since how much do you really need to take on a short trip? Toothbrush, a few pairs of underwear, pants and shirts, etc should fit in a carry on which you can take onboard the plane eliminating the need to check in. Simples!

5. dizzcover

dizzcover New Member

traveling light is all about knowing what to take with you and what to leave behind. I used to struggle with packing too many things i never ended up using on my trip. Besides travel docs other typical things i carry with me are deodorant, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 T-shirts, 2 pairs underwear, swim trunks, pen/paper, camera, and phone charger. that's it!