Trevi Fountain Restoration

Discussion in 'Italy' started by wanderer, Jan 29, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

One of the world's most famous fountains is being restored. Fashion house Fendi, led by Karl Lagerfeld and Silvia Venturini Fendi, are leading the charge to restore the Roman landmark. The 18th century fountain should be restored by the end of 2015. Built in the 17th century, Trevi Fountain was due for some attention.

2. luky7

luky7 New Member

restoration of Rome's iconic Trevi Fountain

I heard this on the news...this bloke Fendi seems to have deep pockets. He is donating around $2,848,440 to the restoration of Rome's iconic Trevi Fountain and he is also donating another $565,827 to restore another of Rome’s landmarks, the Quattro Fontane, which is a group of four Late Renaissance fountains. Rarely you hear any prominent figures in the US donating their money...wished they did!

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Such a beautiful piece of architecture. So glad to see its getting some much needed attention. From the news story, it was also good news for restoration projects for the Colosseum and Venice's Rialto Bridge. Kudos to the folks putting up the funds to restore pieces of history.

4. gruposd212

gruposd212 New Member

it's about time someone did something about Trevi fountain. When I first visited Rome to see the fountain I noticed a huge crack on the side of the fountain. I was told they were going to fix it that year and that was in 2002. I hope they do get it sorted before my next visit...fingers crossed;)