Trinidad and Tobago Carnival 2014

Discussion in 'Trinidad & Tobago' started by forti6, Oct 15, 2013.

1. forti6

forti6 New Member

Next year's Trinidad & Tobago carnival dates fall on February 11th and 12th. It's a fantastic time to be there during carnival but if you're on a budget you may want to rethink your travel dates because everything is more expensive. I've seen some tour agencies charging something like US $500 (~S3000 Trinidad and Tobago Dollars) for 6 days not including flights.

2. hbo34

hbo34 New Member

The Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago is what Rio de Janeiro is to South America...T&T carnival is awesome. Head there a couples of week before the actual carnival date so take part in the pre-Carnival parties, which start weeks before.

3. jennadsen

jennadsen New Member

Trinidad and Tobago Carnival pre celebrations

Trinidad's Carnival is awesome no doubt and like the last poster says do go there before the main celebration kicks off. the Carnival itself is laid back when compared to the pre celebrations like the "J'Ouvert" celebration where everyone gets covered in mud, men dressed as women or costumed in nightgowns and waving chamber pots, party till daylight on the streets.

4. wendie67

wendie67 New Member

Trinidad Carnival Vs Rio Carival

I like Rio's amazing carnival but it has become very structured and mainstream that it's losing it's genuine roots. Trinidad's carnival is where it's at...don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Rio, go to it if you haven't been before because it's mind blowing. Just saying the crowds and Rio's feel isn't what it used to be.

Trinidad Carnival Vs Rio Carnival...which ones wins for ya'll?