trip to VT for vacation

Discussion in 'Vermont' started by damonSoau, Apr 10, 2013.

1. damonSoau

damonSoau New Member

One place I recommend staying in your vacation in Vermont is Manchester where I suggest visiting the the American Museum of Fly Fishing and touring the Orvis rod making factory that is behind the Orvis flagship store. You can go anytime but if you go early for the 10 a.m viewing you get a free tour.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I didn't know that Vermont was the center of the fly fishing universe. How cool! Thanks for sharing. If you have lots of extra time, it's only four hours to Freeport, Maine, the home of L.L. Bean. Freeport, Maine, is such a shopping hotspot that L.L. Bean's flagship store is open 24 hours a day!

3. Donthiuy

Donthiuy New Member

I suggest renting a car to get around Vermont, in order to get the most out of your trip. Don't miss visiting Burlington for a couple of days. Burlington is lovely and you can rent bikes and follow the bike path along the Lakeshore, as well as go swimming at North Beach and even taking a lake cruise.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For fly fishing enthusiasts planning to be in the Manchester area August 10, stop by the American Fly Fishing Museum for the 6th annual Fly Fishing Festival held on the museum grounds. As you can see, there's plenty of entertainment, workshops, arts and crafts, demonstrations and food to keep you busy from 10am to 4pm in this scenic city.