trying Costa Rica river rafting

Discussion in 'Costa Rica' started by cyberhandies, Jul 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cyberhandies

cyberhandies New Member

hey guys, Im traveling with my family this year to Costa Rica and apart from canopy trips we'd love trying Costa Rica river rafting for the first time.? are the waters suitable for families and what's the best way to book a rafting tour?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

If you're trying Costa Rica tour rafting for the first time with the family, rest assure that there are gentle rapids and lovely places to just float through and observe wildlife otters, herons, parrots and iguanas too.

Also, if you would like your trip to center around river rafting and canopy tours, you might opt for a Costa Rica vacation package that includes them both.

This way your bound to save up quite a bit rather than booking them separately. also, the tour package would include transportation, lodging, and a picnic.

Hope this helps
    Vacatinbuddy

3. LisaValencia

LisaValencia New Member

I live here on the Caribbean side - Puerto Viejo. I've gone rafting on the Pacuare river several times. It was lots of fun and not dangerous at all. It would be fine for kids. And they even have a set up where you can use the rafting trip to get you out to Puerto Viejo or from Puerto Viejo back to San Jose.

I'm from Montana and have rafted with the commercial outfits in Glacier National Park. What I thought was really interesting, when I went rafting here was that almost everything, except the geography, was exactly the same. They have the same kind of rafts and life jackets. They make you wear closed-backed shoes and have all the same kinds of rules, which the main guide tells you on the bus (same kind of bus) on your way to the place you put in. The guides even make the same jokes - with a Spanish accent, of course. It was great!