TSA changes allowed items for carry-on bags

Discussion in 'Flights' started by d360, Mar 6, 2013.

1. d360

d360 Administrator

TSA recently updated their list of allowed items for carry-on bags. See attached pictures

Small Pocket Knives – Small knives with non-locking blades smaller than 2.36 inches and less than 1/2 inch in width will be permitted
    Small Novelty Bats and Toy Bats
    Ski Poles
    Hockey Sticks
    Lacrosse Sticks
    Billiard Cues
    Golf Clubs (Limit Two)

Attached Files:

2. Listenkoi

Listenkoi New Member

glad to hear that, thanks for posting! I'm happy I'll be able to take my small pocket knife with me on board but about box cutters, razor blades and knives that don’t fold, will they also be permitted on board?

3. O'dunL

O'dunL New Member

Box cutters, razor blades, knives that don’t fold and full size bats are still classified as prohibited items. All in all, it's good news because because now we can all bring swiss army knives and nail clippers on a plane again. However, we still aren't allowed to bring containers of soda/beverages or more than a couple of ounces of liquids with us, which sucks;(

4. Daserop

Daserop New Member

what's funny is that the minute the TSA announced small knives were now permitted, there were groups of air marshals and flight attendants who outraged over the TSA's decision to allow small pocketknives back into aircraft cabins..apparently, they're going to appeal to the TSA to reconsider the new policy.