Uber, Lyft, etc. changing travel?

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by mitraveler, Apr 18, 2016.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

What do y'all think about these new ridesharing apps? Have you used them on your vacations? I haven't traveled without my car in a long time, so it seems like the world has changed since my last carless vacation. What are your experiences?

2. Better2know

Better2know New Member

Funny you mention Uber and Lyft because they are both being sued by their drivers in California, who claim they should be classified as employees not contractors.

3. eternal9

eternal9 New Member

Actually, Lyft settled its lawsuit while back but Uber has not and they are going to trial in June. As far as ride sharing apps, there are loads of them out there and all with funky names like car pool lane, etc. There is stiff competition for sure. I hear about Juno taking only 10 percent commission on every ride, which is 10% less than uber.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

It's been so interesting to keep track on all of these lawsuits and everything that is going on. Lyft, etc. are changing the standard way things are done, just like Air BnB and other apps. Sometimes I think that's great. But sometimes I wonder if we're losing things (like safety and help if things go wrong).