UK, Ireland and Paris holiday

Discussion in 'UK' started by fcAnnie, Sep 24, 2011.

1. fcAnnie

fcAnnie New Member

Hi all, I am trying to plan a trip with my friends in October/November for 3weeks to the UK, Ireland and Paris. My aim is to spend 2-3 days in Paris at some stage but I want to get out and see Ireland, Scotland and a bit of Wales. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to see, where to go and what is the best way to do it? Waiting for a quick advice..:)

Thanks
    Annie Smith

2. othello2

othello2 New Member

Scotland, Wales and England holiday

wow, three weeks to see the UK, Ireland and Paris seems like cramming a lot into one holiday in my opinion. There is a lot to see in Scotland, Ireland and Wales on their own but if you decide to the whole of UK, I'd suggest traveling by train to save up time and money. Saying this, the weather in October/November isn't the best in the UK so that alone could ruin your holiday.

3. dominoeffect

dominoeffect New Member

europe holiday

I would suggest structuring your itinerary in this sequence if you're going to visit Paris: 1)Ireland 2)Scotland 3)Wales 4)England 5)Paris. The main reason for leaving England last is because from London you will be able to catch a Eurostar train so it's an easy connection there. It does seem like a very busy itinerary to see all those places in three weeks...you'll be shattered by the end of it. If you ask me, I'd either stick to Wales, England and England, or Scotland and Ireland.

4. speedoflight

speedoflight New Member

Wow, I agree with them.. It might be too much to fit in such a tight schedule.. There's a lot to see in London alone. Maybe you should reconsider your itinerary and see what your priority places are...

5. Lance_Leuven

Lance_Leuven New Member

Hmmm...Yes I have to agree with other posters that it's a lot to fit in, but it really all depends what you want to see and how you plan to do it. For example if you were hiring a car you could travel from London heading west and into south Wales (taking in the Brecon Beacon's and Black Mountains as you do). You could then head across from Fishguard to Wexford in Ireland, head north via Dublin and up into Belfast (checking out the Belfast Murals and Giant's Causeway as you do) then take the ferry across to Stranraer in Scotland from there driving up the beautiful west coast of Scotland, straight across to Edinburgh and back south through England (via Hadrian's Wall, the Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire Moors). And back to London. As menitoned by other posters a trip to Paris would probably be best undertaken from London.

It's a heavy amount of travel and might prove too much but that's a possible route to take in all that you hope too.