UK lifts travel advisory to Kashmir

Discussion in 'India' started by zara12, Feb 18, 2013.

1. zara12

zara12 New Member

I'm planning 12-day tour of India for this year to visit the Golden Triangle, Delhi and Kashmir to experience the Indian culture. I want to see both old and new attractions of India like the Taj Mahal in Agra, the Old City of Srinigar, Mughal Gardens and the stunning Pink City of Jaipur.

I'm wondering if it's worth taking a ride in a shikara to witness the sunset? have you guys got any other suggestions?

2. ukinsurance

ukinsurance New Member

Taking a ride in the Shikara is a great idea and can be a romantic experience also, I think you can even have a better experience by taking a 24 hours house boat ride through backwaters of Kerala?

3. ufcmma

ufcmma New Member

Great! this means my travel insurance won't be void if they go here, right? I've always wanted to go trekking in the mountains there independently. Can I simply go online and buy my air ticket up there from Delhi? I want to get more good information on Kashmir, can someone point me in the right direction?

4. ukinsurance

ukinsurance New Member

Well I am not sure, if trekking could be a great idea. You can find more information in the tourism website of Jammu & Kashmir government, http://www.jktourism.org/.