United New York City Flights

Discussion in 'Flights' started by mitraveler, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Sadly, there's another storm on the way towards New York City and the East Coast. Just to be careful, United has cancelled another 500 flights between Wednesday and Thursday out of the NYC airports: JFK, Newark, and LaGuardia. Most of the of the passengers have been booked on other flights, but just wanted to let you know.

Did any of you have your flights cancelled because of Sandy? All told, 23,00!!!! flights were cancelled.

2. MartinaTopley

MartinaTopley New Member

US flights cancelled from Europe

it's interesting you say that because while on Brussels many US airlines like United and Delta airlines were parked on the apron at Brussels airport. Americans and other people could not fly back to anywhere in the US because of Sandy. I thought that was strange since Sandy hit the east coast. Luckily, I was not affected since I just got to Brussels and came back without issues 4 days ago.

3. WAllhead

WAllhead New Member

airlines waiving "change" fees

United, American Airlines Delta Air Lines and JetBlue Airways are still asking passengers to reschedule Northeast flights to a later date. The good news is that they’re waiving the usual change fees they would charge of $150. Still, many people dont know this and won't have time to reschedule because most waivers have to be done within a week.

4. Accountde3

Accountde3 New Member

Flying to Manhattan after sandy

Here it's an update on Manhattan...Most parts of Manhattan and Midtown are regaining normality, though there's still a little flooding and power outages in Lower Manhattan, but it isn't as bag as Staten Island and other parts of NYC where the majority of the damage occurred during Hurricane Sandy. With the exception of the Statue of Liberty, mot major attractions are open now. Overa;, it's looking like Manhattan will be back to 100% by early January next year.

5. henrix

henrix New Member

flying to NYC for new years Flights

Many flights to New York City were cancelled last month due to the cold weather that hit right after hurricane sandy, though im not aware of any major cancellations now. In fact,

6. karlinlee

karlinlee New Member

I think Delta airlines also has been cancelled from NYC to SAN Diego. My flight had no departs on the actual time. I'm going to book an air ticket from any another airline.