Universal Studios California

Discussion in 'California' started by Dnatbutton, Feb 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Dnatbutton

Dnatbutton New Member

hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. We'll be taking a family trip to the Universal Studios in California and I wanted to hear from your experiences there and whether you had a great time there...Also, once you purchase tickets what are you allowed to do?..thanks!

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

If you are traveling with your family you'll have a great time there! you can enjoy many movie rides such as the Revenge of the Mummy and the Jurassic Park ride which includes an 84 foot vertical drop. Also, don't for get the Terminator 2: 3D ride.

Apart from the rides, you can tour the studio section and you will be able to see the TV sets of famous shows like CSI and Crossing Jordan, along with special effects rehearsals of the newest action blockbusters.

If you want to save money, make sure you get both the Southern California CityPass and a Universal Studios vacation package.

The CityPass includes a $100 discount on five top attractions, along with cheaper Universal Studios tickets, as well as reduced rates for destinations such as Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and SeaWorld San Diego.

hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. Lex87

Lex87 New Member

Great timing on your trip. If you go visit the main page (can't post links sorry) they are offering a 2 for 1 special which is half-off if you are planning to go for 2 days anyways! ;)

Hope you and your family have fun!!

4. walksthewalk

walksthewalk New Member

I just went there with my family. Waste of money, even with discount tickets. The "rides" are mostly sitting in theaters watching mini-films.
    If you're visiting from out of the area, consider doing something outdoors, such as visiting the beach, hiking the canyons, or even taking a surf lesson. The natural beauty of Southern California is far more amazing than anything you'll find on a studio backlot.