US Virgin Islands best diving for Intermediate/Beginner

Discussion in 'US Virgin Islands' started by boboe, Mar 7, 2014.

1. boboe

boboe New Member

If you are not an experienced diver, you wont need to worry about finding decent diving sites for Intermediate/Beginner level. A few that come to mine are: Eagle Shoals, Frederiksted Pier, Congo Cay, Cow and Calf, French Cap and Butler Bay Wrecks. Any more diving sites in USVI to include on this list?

2. freshtown

freshtown New Member

US Virgin Islands snorkeling beginners

For real snorkeling beginners, I suggest going to Maho as it has the calmest and shallowest waters and it's easy to get to. Little Lamshur is also nice but the road to it is really poorly...make sure you hire a pick up. A couple of other spots I can think of are Saltpond and Waterlemon bays and its Cay. You can hire gear from the dive shops in Cruz Bay but best you bring your own mask and snorkel.

3. GallyArturo

GallyArturo New Member

As a beginner I would really suggest Coki beach dive to do your first dive with because this is the best beach you can do your first dive at as the slope is so gradual (no sudden drop). Also Coki beach has the best snorkeling I have ever seen in shallow waters! After your dive, snorkeling rentals are free so definitely take advantage of that!