US Virgin Islands vacation planning help needed!

Discussion in 'US Virgin Islands' started by qaligui3, Oct 7, 2010.

1. qaligui3

qaligui3 New Member

The wife and I, are planning for a 7 week vacation to the US Virgin Islands this December. I would like some help with planning the logistics for the trip.

we're flying from NYC and want to spend 2 days each at St Thomas, St Croix and St John, then fly back to NYC.

Any other ideas on this trip? Is there much to do for 2 days each at the US Virgin Islands?
    thank you

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

One thing I can tell you is that the US Virgin Islands are all about water sports. For instance, on St. Croix, one must do is a snorkeling trip to Buck Island.

You can also enjoy a walk through downtown Christiansted, buy a Crucian bracelet, drive to the north shore and see the old sugar mills.

St. Thomas has a great shopping scene for sure, while in St. John you can ride the fun catamaran over to Jost van Dyke and Tortola.

I'd personally suggest booking your trip to the USVI around one of the celebrations on any island as you'll have a great time seeing the steel pan bands and parades!

3. Whitesandstj

Whitesandstj New Member

St. John Is a great place to spend a few days. If your a beach lover, then you will have access to some of the best beaches in the Caribbean. I would recommend renting a Jeep and hitting some of the beaches on North Shore Road. Then head back to town for a drink at Woody's famous happy hour, before checking out one of our great restaurants.