vacation club scams

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by saltydog, Jul 20, 2009.

1. johnfox

johnfox New Member

absolute vacation club scam

I wanted to let you all know about absolute vacation club scam...

Basically, some girls approached me who told me I could win a prize if I went to a 90 min presentation to promote Absolute Hotels. They said I didn't have to buy anything I didn't like, just to listen and spread the word around about Absolute.

Well..to cut the story short, it was all a gimmick to sell me a deal to use their their hotels, cars, etc... for just a cheaper price than your usual price but I had to pay a one time payoff which was around 30,000$ US dollars.

Do not go to their time share presentations as these people are scam artists, and will trick you into buying something you didn't one.

2. Selanne00008

Selanne00008 New Member

Hey All. Bringing this one back from the dead as there was a lot of talk about globe quest in Cabo, at Casa Dorado. Those that have bought in years ago and were somewhat happy at the time, are you still?

I bought in to globe quest December of 2015, and just sold my first two home weeks on airbnb and vrbo. So, so far so good? I made a decent profit that went towards my original purchase cost.

Any other feedback on them?

3. jimmyfallon

jimmyfallon New Member

We went to the presentation and received a voucher for "free" Vacation Rentals fare . The agent scribbled the incorrect date and then marked it out, putting in the correct one. We sent it in, and the document was returned as invalid due to the "corrections." We explained that we did not make the correction to the date, but no one at any office had any power to rectify. SCAM, for sure! Waste of time.