Vacationing in Albania

Discussion in 'Albania' started by Vicolette, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For a more relaxed and less crowded vacation, Albania is the perfect alternative destination. Beautiful beaches, mountains, scenic countryside,and a variety of quality accommodations offer visitor's a change from more congested areas.

2. awsomee

awsomee New Member

trip to Albania

I second Albania too! I've been to most parts of Europe including Turkey, Poland, France, Spain and Germany but it was the Balkan region that really stood out. Albania and Bosnia Hezergovina I specially loved because of their history and the lack of huge tourist crowds even in the peak months. Albania is like Croatia was 10-15 years ago, so it's great to travel to Albania for the unspoiled beaches without the crowds.

3. QuarterBaxk

QuarterBaxk New Member

hiking in Albania

Albania is europe's best kept secret and I hope it remains like that forever, though i know secrets never stay secret for long. if you love the outdoors aside form the beach, you will love Albania. Hiking in the Accursed Mountains of northern Albania and the mountain national parks of Tomorri and Thethi. Best time to hike in those areas is June and September (July and August is too hot).

When traveling to Albania dont miss seeing the Blue Eye (Syri i Kaltër) water spring fed from underground. It's easy to get to by bus or car no problem. it's located on the main road between Saranda and Gjirokasta. Go visit it because it'll definitely be one of the highlights in Albania

4. LBJ44

LBJ44 New Member

highlight in Albania

When traveling to Albania you cant miss seeing the Blue Eye (Syri i Kaltër) water spring fed from underground. It's easy to get to by bus or car no problem. it's located on the main road between Saranda and Gjirokasta. Go visit it because it'll definitely be one of the highlights in Albania.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I like the option of lounging on less crowded beaches or taking a hike in the mountains. Thanks for the info about the Blue Eye. Definitely a destination to add to the vacation itinerary!

6. Ecotripsos

Ecotripsos New Member

There are also many tours from neighbouring countries like Greece or Kosovo to the seaside of Albania. They're rather cheap, around 90-150 Euros for camping for a week by the sea.