Vacationing in Varadero Cuba

Discussion in 'Cuba' started by Vicolette, May 13, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The pristine beaches, yachting excursions, scuba diving, sunset strolls, shopping venues, scrumptious cuisine, and luxury resort hotels guarantee a vacation to remember in Varadero Cuba. Enjoy the tropical atmosphere, crystal clear water, and cultural history of this very popular international vacation destination.

2. Kamilion23

Kamilion23 New Member

Varadero has great beaches

I have been to Varadero only on a day trip from Havana and it was a nice place to spend a few days, but not an entire vacation. I personally feel that if you're going to go to places like Cuba, you will want to explore the country by venturing out. Varadero has great beaches but I found it very dull and boring.

3. Vicolette

Varadero definitely looks like a great place for those interested in a beach/water sport vacation only. The country has some beautiful countryside and one place adventure travelers would probably enjoy are the Bellmar Caves located approximately 3 miles from Matanzas. The ancient caves are visually amazing.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Do you need to go with a tour operator as an American? Or could you fly through Canada and go that way?

5. Vicolette

A quick look at the regulations from the State Department say a license is required for US citizens to travel to Cuba. There's a list of licensing categories. It also says a person can't bypass the process by entering Cuba through Mexico or Canada. Must have a passport, visa and license.