Vail is turning 50!

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by wanderer, Oct 13, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It's a big fall and winter in Colorado...Vail is celebrating 50 years of vacations. Anniversary celebrations include :

The dedication of the new gondola, Nov. 16. It's heated and has Wifi!
    Snow Daze, Dec. 10-16. This series of concerts includes Wilco and The Shins.
    The Birthday Celebration: Dec 15. This day is set aside for a big party throughout Vail Village.
    Burton US Open, Feb. 25-March 2. This is a skiboarding competition.
    Ski Heritage Week: April 8-15

Anyone planning to check out Vail this winter?

2. Crustation23

Crustation23 New Member

there's definitley not a better time to go to Vail than in the anniversary. The dedication begins at 8.30 a.m. at Vail Village on November 16, though and there'll be a number of celebrations taking place throughout the 50th anniversary season. They include Snow Daze (December 10-16), Holidaze (December 16-25), Burton U.S. Open ( February 25-March 2, 2013), Ski Heritage Week (April 7-14, 2013), and Spring Back to Vail (April 8-14, 2013).

3. Guns&Roses

Guns&Roses New Member

Vail ski packages

I’v been keeping an eye out for a while and I am finding all sorts of special hotel and restaurant deals in Vail to mark the resort’s 50th anniversary. The best so far I've seen is from Sebastian who is offering a Vintage Vail package called "Party like it’s 1962!†which includes four nights deluxe accommodations, $50 to spend at the bar Frost, $5 lift tickets, two 50-minute treatments at Bloom Spa, plus a Sebastian iPod loaded with hits from 1962.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

That's a heck of a line-up for the celebration. I imagine there are plenty of special deals available at one of the many hotels, lodges, or resorts.