Venice Italy Hotels

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by wanderer, Apr 20, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I'm starting to do the legwork for a trip to Venice, and I would love your suggestions for a good hotel in Venice. I'd love something comfortable and affordable. Thanks!

2. Torsewe

Torsewe New Member

hey, what's your budget and when you plant to visit? I suggest staying in the Cannaregio district for budget hotels. However, if you prefer to stay somewhere closer to San Marco, I recommend Casa Santa Maria Formosa and Ca' del Campo Hotel in Campo San Polo. Rooms there start at around 200 Euros/night but this will be higher during the peak season.

3. situatgfe4

situatgfe4 New Member

I've stayed in a few different places in Venice and the place is no doubt very expensive, though there are a wide variety of hotels to suit most budgets. My advice is if you're going to look for a hotel on the Grand Canal is to remember that the Grand Canal snakes through most of Venice in a big "S" shape, which means just because the hotel maybe on the Grand Canal does not mean your room will necessarily be.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for the advice. I'm not really sure what the budget will be, but under 200 Euros would probably be good. That's really helpful to know that not all rooms are on the Grand Canal even if the hotels are. I bet the other rooms are a little cheaper.

5. sophia ellison

sophia ellison New Member

There are many hotels in Venice but I prefer Hotel Danieli. It is one of the beautiful hotel of Venice.