Venice Trip

Discussion in 'Italy' started by mgervaci, Aug 13, 2006.

1. mgervaci

mgervaci Guest

Hey everyone I just recently took a trip to Venice last winter and I have to say it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. If you go to Italy you have to visit Venice and its canals. The only real way in is by train because there are no cars in Venice. We took the train in from Padua, a nearby major city.

It was pretty cool going around a whole city on boats. I suggest going in the summer because it gets really cold, but even with the cold the view was breathtaking. Some places to go are the Piazza de San Marco where you can see St. Mark's Basilica and Murana Island where they make beautiful Murano glass. I wasn't there for Carnivale, which Venice is known for but I hear it is a great place to be if you like big parties. Carnivale is where both Mardi Gras in New Orleans and Carinval in Rio originated from. Things to pick up are their famous Carinvale Masks to wear and of course Murano glass.

2. world trecker

world trecker New Member

mgervaci,

Can't argue with anything you said there! I loved Venice the one time I was there and look forward to getting back sometime, though hopefully with a couple family members (i was alone the first go-round). It was busy when i went, but next time I'll probably make the trip during a more down-time, if such a thing exists in the city.

3. joe

joe Guest

First of all, I hate both of you, and second of all, if either of you have pics I'd love to see them.

4. mgervaci

mgervaci Guest

How do you put pictures up in the forums? Is it all html?

5. mgervaci

mgervaci Guest

Check this one out Joe

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  6. joe

joe Guest

Nice, thanks mgervaci! Feel free to post more if you've got 'em!