View Sunrise at Tiger Hill

Discussion in 'India' started by DavieBrown, Jun 5, 2017.

1. DavieBrown

DavieBrown New Member

I have seen many sunrise photos from Tiger Hill, Darjeeling? Anybody has done a recent trip to Darjeeling and is it a worth visiting for viewing sunrise at Tiger Hill? If so when is the best time to visit and how to Reach Tiger Hill from Darjeeling? Is any guided tour available? Looking forward for any suggestions.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Darjeeling is located in the foothills of Himalayas and has many tourist places including Tiger Hill, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and Zoo, Mag-Dhog Yolmowa Monastery, Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary and Savin Kingdom. I got a lovely experience to watch sunrise from Tiger Hill & it was an awesome & unforgettable experience. Yes it's worth visiting. Tiger Hill is situated 13 km away from Darjeeling and can be easily accessed through roadways. Not only sunrise, Tiger Hill also offers the most beautiful views of Himalayas.

Between March and May is the best time to visit Tiger Hill, since it's summer season in India. The weather during Summer is very pleasant and the sky is clear to view the sunrise. So better plan between March & May. And ofcourse yes, guided tours are available all year-round to Darjeeling, so book online and enjoy your trip.

3. DavieBrown

DavieBrown New Member

Hi Andrew,

I don't think so, I can plan my trip during March, April & May, probably I'm planning in mid Sep. So in Sep is good to go? what do you think?

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Hi DavieBrown,

Generally in Mar, Apr & Oct, Nov, the sky is very clear to view the sunrise. In mid Sep, you have about very less chance to see good sunrise, may be only 40% possibility. Rainy season continues during September also, so better plan in October.