Virginia's new Salamander Resort & Spa

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by wanderer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

There's a new luxury resort coming to Virginia. The Salamander Resort & Spa is opening in August in Middleburg, Virginia, Designed to be comfortable and inviting, the luxury resort is being built in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains close to vineyards and horse country. The resort will have 168 guestrooms, a wine bar, a spa and equestrian center.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Virginia has some really fantastic wine. I'm not exactly a wine expect, but I really enjoyed my visit to the wineries. We enjoyed a dinner with the winemaker, and that was an experience I would recommend. It was a lot of fun and we ate really well.

3. donaired

donaired New Member

I am eyeing out a trip to Virginia in the summer to explore the state's beautiful countryside. I may actually consider staying at the Salamander resort since apparently it's only 60-minutes away from Washington, D.C. I'll report back then and let ya'll know my experience.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Donaired, It looks like a really nice resort, and I bet you can find some great deals right when the resort opens. You'll have to tell us all about it when you visit. :)

5. elementsrestaurant

elementsrestaurant New Member

Virginia reminds me so much of Blue Ridge Mountain. It's been years since the last time I went there I had really great memories. The new resort excites me to visit the place again maybe I'll plan a vacation next month. Just wondering where can I make reservations?