Visa requirements for US citizens

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by esseyholmes, Sep 20, 2010.

1. esseyholmes

esseyholmes New Member

Is it true that US citizens can visit the Philippines for tourist purposes for 21 days, but there must be evidence of a round-trip ticket or onward travel?

Do I need a round-trip ticket? If so, does anyone know if Philippines authorities enforce the round-trip ticket rule?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

As far as I know, you'll always need a roundtrip ticket or any ticket that shows you don't intend to stay in the Philippines beyond 21 days.

Having said this, I have talked to Americans who have visited the Philippines and they told me that you do not need to have a round-trip ticket.

Best to check the Philippines embassy web site for tourist visa info.

3. MaryLane

MaryLane New Member

Questions? What if you want to stay longer? What should i do???

4. even40's

even40's New Member

staying in the Philippines visa

What if you want to stay longer? if you're planning on staying in the Philippines for more than 21 days then you need to get a visa through the Philippines Embassy (philippineembassy-USA.org). Make sure you have an up to date passport, proof of onward travel, proof of financial stability, visa fees and a passport photo.

5. travellerGo

travellerGo New Member

Hope this helps......

"U.S. Citizens planning to enter and visit the Philippines for 21 days or less do not need a visa prior to travel to the Philippines, provided their passport is valid for at least 6 months and they have a valid return ticket. However, in excess of 21 days, U.S. citizens must either apply for a visa at the nearest Philippine Consular Establishments in the US prior to travel or upon arrival in the Philippines at the Bureau of Immigration(BI), Magallanes Drive, Port Area, Intramuros, Manila"