visiting Croatia in October

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by OldMemphis, Mar 6, 2014.

1. OldMemphis

OldMemphis New Member

If you didn't know, the month of October is part of the low season in the country. In fact, most tour operators and many tourist amenities stop functioning. The great thing about traveling to Croatia this month is the thin crowds and cheap prices. You will want to hire a car if you want to visit places like Plitvice Lakes, which is about a 3-hour drive from Opatija.

2. HHH2

HHH2 New Member

Yes, October is a great time to find travel bargains to Croatia. However, while the weather is mostly good, you can have rain and storms. Also, the major cities of Dubrovnik, Split, Makarska etc. will still fairly busy so dont expect them to be empty or shops closed. It's pretty much business as usual on the mainland, aside from the islands which will be quieter.

3. askjeeves3

askjeeves3 New Member

It will be very quiet on the islands in October. I stayed in Korcula for a couple of days as a day trip from Dubrovnik and I'm glad it was only 2 days. Don't get me wrong, Korcula was very beautiful, but there was not a whole lot to do other than seeing the walled city and take a drive around the island.

4. discrount-croatia

discrount-croatia New Member

Best time to visit Croatia is the end of October till June if you want to avoid the crowds or in the postseasson..