Visiting New England from middle May

Discussion in 'Maine' started by Anneke Kotze, Feb 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Anneke Kotze

Anneke Kotze New Member

Hi Everyone, we will be visiting New England from middle-May 2012 to the end of May 2012 and would like to find out what the weather would be like, any festivals, highlights or sights we shouldn't miss? Regards, Anneke

2. abba9

abba9 New Member

New England in May

May is a beautiful month because the apple orchards and the flowering shrubs are in bloom. The weather can be on/off good depending on where in New England. If the weather is good you could take a harbor cruise from Maine and visit the wineries in New Hampshire. btw, where you're planning to stay?

3. bubbaXpa

bubbaXpa New Member

going to New England

If you're traveling the last 2 weeks of May I suggest going to Middlebury in Vermont, though it's a lot of fun to explore the whole of Vermont and do things like the Vermont Cheese Trail. I would recommend sticking to two states (i.e. Maine and Vermont) when in New England. You can't explore it all and you will be from place to the next, hardly enjoying anything.

Can you give us more details for your trip?

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I would say a visit to Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factor in Vermont is pretty great. I think it's in Middlebury, actually, along with the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. The Shelburne Museum is pretty amazing, and it opens for the season in May. If you've never been, a trip to Boston is in order. There are tons of places there connected to the start of America and it's a great place to explore. The living history walks along the Freedom Trail are pretty great. As for festivals, I'm there are some in May. I'll look some up and get back to you.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

And don't forget, you can check out the Destination360 travel guides. There's one for each state and each one is packed with travel ideas. Here is a good place to get to the New England states .