Visiting Times Square

Discussion in 'New York' started by Vicolette, Feb 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

New York has so many places to go and things to do. One of the most popular and busiest locations and what many feel is the heart of the city is the ever busy area of Times Square. No matter what time of year you visit, make time to set aside plenty of time for visiting Times Square where you'll be surrounded by imposing skyscrapers and energized by colorful lights and brightly lit neon signs.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Times Square has been closed off to traffic for a while now, so it's really pedestrian-friendly now.

3. Olbas3409

Olbas3409 New Member

Times Square is lousy

Last month, I visited NYC, and I loved walking around Times Square during the day and at night, and I felt safe. Saying this, they were loads of tackiness with souvenir shops, gawkers, hawkers, lousy food, and annoyed locals. My advice is go there for the photo and get out as soon as you can.

4. MariaKo

MariaKo New Member

Times Square is very busy

Times Square is worth visiting at least to say that you have been there however it is way over ran with tourists. Walk around for a bit and then keep going to central park...that's the real reason to visit New York City in the first place.

5. flytimetravel

flytimetravel New Member

Times Square is a major commercial intersection in Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It is a huge spectacle of lights and action, but nothing is really going on here. The heart of Broadway beats at Times Square. Super central and easy to find either on foot or with the subway.

6. flytimetravel

flytimetravel New Member

Times Square is a major commercial intersection in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It is a huge spectacle of lights and action, but nothing is really going on here. The heart of Broadway beats at Times Square. Super central and easy to find either on foot or with the subway.

7. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I love that New York has so much within walking distance. I have a gas station and car wash within walking distance of my place. Not too exciting. I wish I could walk a few minutes and find some Broadway shows. :)