Waldorf Astoria Heathrow Airport

Discussion in 'UK' started by wanderer, Mar 22, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

We've been talking about hotels in London. Has anyone had experience with the Waldorf Astoria Heathrow Airport? It looks like it's pretty close to the airport and the rail line. What would you say about this choice for Heathrow Hotels ?

2. 2007-2009

2007-2009 New Member

Hilton Hotel

yes they have good connections but thing i dont like about Heathrow airport hotels is that they dont offer shuttle bus connections to the airport. The only exception is the Hilton Hotel that runs a bus between Terminal 5 and the Hilton Hotel only.

3. Book-of-Elijah

Book-of-Elijah New Member

free public buses to Heathrow hotels

that's true because Heathrow is an international airport...in fact, I believe Heathrow airport hotels are actually the only international airport. Instead, there is the Hoppa Bus which isn't free and charges to each hotel. Having said this, you can use all public buses from the terminals to anywhere on the perimeter roads of any of Heathrow hotels completely free.

4. mopreme

mopreme New Member

budget hotels in Heathrow

the annoying thing about Heathrow airport is that there are no hotels near Terminal 3 and its impossible to walk out of the airport where the hotels are, so you actually have to use a public bus or the rip-off 'Hoppa' hotel bus. As far as lowest cost budget hotels in Heathrow airport, the Ibis and Travelodge Heathrow Central are cheapest( around $40 per night)

5. raddy46

raddy46 New Member

Getting a shuttle service is totally out of question, and the other transportation services are quite expensive. So all in all, getting a hotel near the airport is almost as same as getting one at a distance. I always recommend getting a hotel somewhere where the noise is the least and which is close to the tube.