Walkie-Talkie tower deadly sun rays

Discussion in 'UK' started by racezJona, Sep 3, 2013.

1. racezJona

racezJona New Member

Looks like Vdara has found its match in London England. For those who don't know, the Vdara hotel in Las Vegas had become notorious for its "death rays" due to the sun rays reflecting on its windows. It seems a building in London called the "Walkie-Talkie tower" has the same issue with sun rays reflecting on its windows, which managed to melt someone's car. Unbelievable!

2. leonM

leonM New Member

lol...I had to look this story up and see for myself whether it's real or not, and it turns out that it is. However, I thought when you said melting a car, you meant it quite literary. The sun rays has caused damage on vehicles parked near it. Btw, I have to say that this tower is as ugly as it gets....I've never seen a building in England that's actually nice to look at, aside from the the London Eye.

3. Karmacoma22

Karmacoma22 New Member

I too find this story very funny indeed, though I guess if my car was melted because of the tower I'd not be a happy bunny. Anyways, reading into it, it seems the tower is going to compensate the owner of the car..i think to the tune of £1000.

4. melliset

melliset New Member

Sound funny but interesting as well. Could this really happen?
    Strange !

5. AmazingGrace

AmazingGrace New Member

it is funny, though the bloke whose car happened to did not look impressed. At least, it was a car and not a person who got burnt like it happened to some folks laying out on the hotel Vdara pool.IT does seem these things happen because of bad engineering or may be malice on the part of the architect. who knows...