walking tour of Dublin

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by LonKing, Sep 14, 2010.

1. LonKing

LonKing New Member

hey everyone,

we'll be jetting to Dublin in late October for 11 days. We've always wanted to visit Dublin's Guinness Brewery so hopefully that'd be the highlight of our trip. We'd like to do a walking tour of Dublin too, what shouldn't we miss?

I welcome as much suggestions as possible, thank you!

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

hello,

Yes, you'll definitely enjoy a tour of the Guinness factory. Don't miss visiting the castles there as well such as the Malahide Castle and Dublin Castle where you can take a guided tour and learn about its history.

I suggest booking a guided walking tour to see as much as possible, otherwise, some other places you don't want to miss are during your walking tour are:

Book of Kells
    Dublin Writers Museum
    Dublin Zoo
    Garden of Remembrance
    Kilmainham Gaol
    National Gallery of Ireland
    National Museum of Ireland
    Temple Bar

3. IvanSweden

IvanSweden New Member

first, go to the bus station in o'connell street and pick up a guide, a map, and the "hop on hop off" bus tours around dublin leaflet.

just follow the bus stops shown in the guide. this will make for a great tour around the most interesting places in dublin.

I know that's a strange way to get going, but this will save you time and you won't miss out on any of the best spots.

this way worked fine for me and my wife there.
    enjoy

4. bradpitt

bradpitt New Member

Sandeman's New Dublin Tours and Historical Walking Tours of Dublin are two of the best walking tours in Dublin...contact them they will chalk out good tour programs for you.