want to go to South Korea

Discussion in 'South Korea' started by castrox, Jun 14, 2011.

1. castrox

castrox New Member

I will be planning on going to South Korea soon to study abroad, but with all that is going on right now with North and South Korea Im getting cold feet. However, i really want to come here any advice on my abroad..can someone tell me the situation over there for foreigners?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

I haven't lived in South Korea but I think I can give a little insight. SK is pretty safe place so don't go by what you hear on the news. Nothing bad h but there happened to me when I was there, even though there is a lot of tension between the two countries.

By the way, I have a friend from France who is studying in Seoul right now, and she says she feels at home there. I don't think you should give up on your dream of studying in South Korea, or you may regret it!

3. wonderland99

wonderland99 New Member

expat community in South Korea

there's a huge expat community in South Korea and as far as I know there's no trouble there. The only thing you need to be aware of is the dispute they have with North Korea. Other than that, foreigners are very welcome in South Korea and have a very similar experiences to Hong Kong, Thailand etc.

Seoul is capital city and the place where most expats live. Seoul has lots of historical/cultural attractions like palaces, museums, traditional district, performances & etc. so give the place at least 4-5 days there.