want to know more about sri lanka

Discussion in 'Sri Lanka' started by avoidAll, Dec 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. avoidAll

avoidAll New Member

I would appreciate if you guys could offer some knowledge on sri lanka on things like currency, train travel, and main airport hub, things to do, and best time to travel. I have researched some basic information from travel books and internet but I would love to hear from folks who have been there before and could share some experiences here so I can make my trip a success.

thanks in advance.

2. rainman1

rainman1 New Member

info about sri lanka

hey there, how long you plan to be there? First, I wanted to say that Sri Lankan people will make you feel welcomed in their country so you will no doubt have a lovely time there. As far as main airport, Colombo (Sri Lanka’s capital) is the main entrance point and has connections to all parts of the country. Train and buses are used by locals and are great for tourists to get around since they're cheap (especially a bus ride which costs as little as 50 cents).

3. cakess

cakess New Member

must do in sri lanka

Wildlife and nature viewing is super over there in Sri Lanka so you can imagine safairs and jungle tours being very popular there. I suggest visiting the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage if you want to get close to wildlife in the safety of a sanctuary. If you love history, there are lots of historic ruins, world heritage sites such as the Sigiriya rock citadel, which is the 8th wonder of the world.

4. mormecjK

mormecjK New Member

free 30 day visa

have you sorted out your visa? Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months but other than that, you won't need a visa if you're a national of USA, Canada, Britain, Japan, or Australia. You will be issued with free 30 day visa on arrival at Colombo Airport and that's that. Something else worth noting is that American Express, Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted there.