wanting to go to st augustine fl

Discussion in 'Florida' started by JonahJones, Dec 24, 2010.

1. JonahJones

JonahJones New Member

hey guys, is st augustine an expensive city to spend a vacation? are there things to do there for free?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

It's a fairly inexpensive city in my opinion with so many fantastic things to do like spending time at St Augustine beaches. To be honest, nothing is really for free nowadays,though there are many other inexpensive thing to do in St Augustine such as taking a walking tour of downtown St Augustine to see the landmarks.

There is also a farmer's market every Saturday morning on Anastasia Island where you can buy local crafts and enjoy a great vibe.

3. 30lool

30lool New Member

loved st augustine fl

I went to St. Augustine when I was a kid, and all I wanted to do was go to the alligator farm, but my mom wouldn't let me. It's still there and even accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It's not even that expensive. There's other fun stuff stuff to, including the Castillo de San Marcos, the evidence of early Spanish settlement in Florida. And then Jacksonville is close. This side of Florida is not very expensive. There's lot to do that doesn't cost a lot of money.