wanting to visit Budweiser brewery

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by tcp, May 24, 2011.

1. tcp

tcp New Member

we'll be in kansas city next weekend to see the Royals play at Kauffman Stadium. After the game , we want to spend a day in St Louis to heck out the Budweiser brewery i heard so much about...my question is, is it really worth it?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

It's worth doing the tour as is free and takes a couple hours, but if you just plan to come all the way from Kansas City to St Louis for the tour, I am not sure if its worth doing the Budweiser Brewery tour at all.

I did this tour with my dad and uncle who are drinking buddies and love their beer, so I presume If you love your beer the way they do, go for it.

I didn't enjoy the tour that much cos I hate beer but I can tell you that you're going to do a fair amount of walking into warm areas and cold areas, and you're going to be with a lot of other people and get to drink two beers at the end.

3. OzGirl1985

OzGirl1985 New Member

I'm not sure if you ended up doing the tour or not but I thought it was worth it when we went. It's free so if you're already planning to be in St. Louis- you might as well stop and go.

4. Newyears2010

Newyears2010 New Member

Budweiser brewery: highlight in St Louis

Budweiser was the highlight in St Louis and it was the most enjoyable two hour tour I'v, get your freee taken in while...got some free samples(yep, two full glasses!), and go thru the gift shop. I recommend visiting if you want to know the history of the buildings and how Anheuser-Busch survived prohibition compared to the many breweries in the area.

5. moviemagic1

moviemagic1 New Member

Budweiser brewery in MO

the visit to the Budweiser brewery in MO was actually quite enjoyable. Didn't think it would be worth it though...the tour was cool, the building and grounds of the brewery are beautiful, and yes, you do get 2 free beer samples and pretzels at the end of the tour:)