Waterford: Crystal and More

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by mitraveler, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

You've likely heard the name Waterford when connected to crystal bowls and wedding gifts. Its namesake is a lovely community in Ireland, tucked away on a harbor in the southern part of Ireland. Waterford is one of the oldest towns in the Ireland. Since it was founded by the Vikings, the town has forged a long history. Many of the things to do involve crystal; the visitor center, showroom, and factory tour are among them. You'll find a museum, art gallery and some great shopping.

2. everybodyfee

everybodyfee New Member

Waterford Crystal tour

the Waterford Crystal factory is the biggest attraction in the town, though I went only because I knew my wife wanted to go but I was also pleasantly surprised. It is a beautiful place and they offered a very informative tour. we learned that it is there where stuff like the super bowl trophy, the PGA trophy and special request pieces are hand made.

3. sonalifg

sonalifg New Member

dont miss Waterford Crystal factory

The loved every bit of the tour of the crystal factory watching true craftsmanship at work. As the previous poster said Waterford is where all of the specialty one-of-a-kind pieces are made like the super bowl trophy. There is also a 9/11 crystal tribute to the NY fireman on display and a crystal "Cinderella's" carriage, complete with horses...just amazing!