weather down in Jamaica in june

Discussion in 'Jamaica' started by venuspol, Apr 15, 2011.

1. venuspol

venuspol New Member

Hello my friend and I are planing a trip for Jamaica in june. We plan on being down there from June 16 to June 23. I have researched weather and it says that june is during hurricane season and it says it is a rainy month. If anyone knows about the weather down there and anything else that would help I would appreciate it. Thanks

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

I have been to Jamaica in the summer, and Ic an tell you that June should be fairly warm to hot. I wouldn't worry too much about hurricanes that time of year.

Having said this, I should point out that weather in Jamaica is different in every section of the island at any one time.

It's basically, dry and hot on the Southcoast around Treasure Beach and Wet and Rainy in Port Antonio all on the same day. Either way, one thing you can be sure about is that it will be hot!

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

I take a group to Jamaica every June (the past 4 years to Hedonism III in Runaway Bay on the north coast near Ocho Rios) and this June to Negril's Hedonism II and the weather has never been a factor in any of the weeks I've been with the exception 2 years ago when 1 day---one day--out of 7 it rained for 3/4 the day but cleared off the afternoon and it was beautiful,

Yes, no hurricanes at that time, not as hot as August and even if a rainshower comes in the early afternoon, it is quick and can be refreshing...

After all, the green of Jamaica does not come from rainless weeks and months..

4. gabdegale

gabdegale New Member

is it a bad idea to go to Jamaica and other parts of the Caribbean in the last week of June. I'm kinda paranoid about being in the middle of a hurricane, or even having rainy weather. what do you think guys?

5. Ruby

Ruby Guest

I've been in Jamaica in june and july with no problems, but no way to guarantee the weather unfortunetly. What I'd say though is to stay in Negril Beach. the reason being is when compared to other areas on the North Coast of Jamaica, Negril is generally more sheltered so rains tend to be light and brief.

Another thing, the rainiest time of the year begins in August so if you plan to travel then, I'd suggest buying travel insurance for peace of mind.