weather in canada in december

Discussion in 'Canada' started by deirdre, Jun 21, 2007.

1. deirdre

deirdre New Member

Hi,

I am travelling to Canada on 22nd December with my family from Ireland. I have three children aged 12, 11 and 7. I am travelling to mont tremblant and I am a bit worried about the weather and what I should buy for the children to wear. Also how are travelling conditions on the roads around that time of the year. Can anyone out there either relieve my fears or prepare me for the worst. Thanks a lot .

Deirdre
    Ireland.

2. johnakmm

johnakmm New Member

Hi,
    Canada is a huge country and there's winter snow in most of it. You can't ignore winter in Canada. Snow is plentiful and temperatures drop, but that doesn't mean people hole themselves up indoors.If you are with your kids then you should take some woollen clothes.

3. chic_party

chic_party New Member

Snow abounds in most of central Canada in December, the costal areas do get snow; however, the southern coasts tend to get more rain than snow. The south west coast (ie Vancouver, Victoria) tend to be very wet, and very windy. Winter storms keep the temeperature moderate so the average day in December is any where from -2 - 8 Celcius. keeping in mind ofcourse the coasts are very humid and as such -1 is quite cold. the central provinces tend to have colder winter temperatures sitting as low as -40 on some nights; however, these are dry colds and as a result have a different effect on the feel. (frost bite is common at those temperature).